/

Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Word to Worry Warts

What makes you nervous?
Costs of college?
Taxes due April 15?
Decisions a child or family member is making?
Whether or not your car will start?
What the results of that recent stress test or MRI will show?
How you're going to pass that next exam?
Fussing and fighting between people you care about?
Maybe you need the opportunity to get rid of that anxiety.
"How can I do that?" you ask.
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Pe. 5:7)
May that be the first thing you and I do when we get nervous or stressed about ANY issue. "Let Go and let God" goes the old saying. Good advice.
"Easier said than done!" you say?
Try it.
"God, I've been worrying and stressing out about _________.
I'm sorry. I know worrying means I'm not trusting you. But that all changes right here, right now. You're SO MUCH BIGGER THAN ALL THIS. I'm trust you completely to handle it."
Then imagine that giant load rolling off your back onto the floor at the feet of the King of the Universe. Either YOU can worry about it or YOU can give it to Him. But you can't do BOTH. What will you choose?
Grace & peace